Six Features to Look For in Optical Fiber Polishing
1. PROGRAMMABLE INTERFACE: A programmable interface provides the user enhanced flexibility by allowing them to adjust specific settings such as; force, speed and polishing time. The user has many programmable options with these interfaces including pressure and speed ramp up for slow starting polishing cycles, film change counters and a maintenance section, to name a few. A bonus for the operator is step-by-step prompts to help with easy use of the interface.
2. AUTOMATIC PRESSURE ADJUSTMENT: The Automatic Pressure Adjustment feature allows for ultimate precision by implementing automatic pressure adjustments that help to optimize performance for a varying number of connectors inserted in the polishing fixture.
3. PASSWORD PROTECTION: To insure the ongoing protection of your data and information through the system it is important that you have password protection built into the system. The password protection should cover the system configuration, process configuration and process transfer modules.
4. PNEUMATICALLY CONTROLLED POLISHING PRESSURE: It is essential for perfect precision to have Pneumatically-Controlled Polishing Pressure that provides consistent polishing force regardless of ferrule length. Without this key feature precision could become slightly off, and in the world of ultra precision fiber optics polishing machines, slightly off is unacceptable!
5. ENHANCED CLEANING TOOLS: Your polishing system should include a pivoting over-arm which provides easy cleaning of fixtures between steps and a quick change of fixtures, as well as a drip tray which swivels in, for quick and easy cleaning of fixtures between steps. Ensuring that the cleaning process can be done quickly and easily will ultimately help to keep the machine in top notch condition for flawless use.
6. QUICK-CHANGE FIXTURES: Make sure the machine you use has quick-change fixtures which support all industry standard connector types, both single and multiple fiber. This allows for a quick and easy change from one fixture type to the next, which ultimately saves time and money.
With many fiber optic polishing machines to chose from it is important that you know which features are most important to you. Above all you should look for a machine with combined features that will produce the best possible fiber optic polishing results. The features above are important to keep in mind when searching for the right machine for your needs.